3 Ways To Eliminate Acne
- Posted on: Jul 15 2015
1. Stick To Good Hygiene Habits
If your acne is minimal and part of an occasional breakout, you’ll likely be able to treat it by practicing good hygiene and being patient. Good habits include:
- Washing your face with a mild cleanser every morning
- Wearing minimal makeup during the breakout
- Using moisturizer to prevent your skin from drying out
- Wearing sunscreen to avoid sun damage
- Washing your pillowcase at least once a week
- Washing your makeup off before bed no matter what
- Drinking plenty of water throughout the day
2. Try Over-The-Counter Creams
Over the counter creams can be used to treat occasional spots of acne. Remember that you should never pop a zit because it spreads bacteria. Instead be patient and wait for the cream to do its work. Most acne creams have either salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as an active ingredient. These creams are usually pretty effective for mild acne.
3. Ask Your Doctor About Laser Acne Treatments
If you have a serious breakout and persistent acne, you may need a more rigorous treatment. At Northcoast Laser Cosmetic, acne treatment is done using a laser. This treatment method is preferred because it doesn’t come with some of the negative side effects associated with other acne medications.
The treatment works by targeting acne with a specific wavelength that stops bacteria from multiplying. Each session lasts for about 30 minutes. It usually takes a few sessions to treat the acne, but the effects of the treatment will become more and more noticeable as time goes on. There may be some mild swelling or redness after the treatment but discomfort should be minimal.
For the treatment to have the best effect it is essential that you protect your skin with SPF 30 or higher sunblock. It may also help to avoid spending a lot of time outside immediately following the procedure.
To learn more about protecting your skin and treating acne, schedule a consultation at Northcoast Laser Cosmetic.
Posted in: Acne Treatments