Everything You Need to Know About Xeomin
- Posted on: Aug 8 2014
Botox remains on top of the game as it reigned once again in last year’s most frequently performed injectable. Although the demand in Botox is increasing each year, its competitors in the cosmetic industry is also expanding. There’s Dysport that was approved in 2009 and 2 years later, Xeomin entered the wrinkle-reducing scene.
Many of our patients here at our practice have heard and read a lot of things about Botox and Dysport but only a few have come across Xeomin. Below is a quick list of everything you need to know about the injectable.
- Xeomin is FDA-approved for cosmetic use in reducing the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines. These lines are often a result of frequent muscle contractions underneath the skin when one squints and frowns. In addition, non-cosmetic use of the injectable includes improving the symptoms of blepharospasm (involuntary and abnormal blinking of the eyelids) and cervical dystonia (involuntary contraction of the neck muscles causing pain and discomfort).
- The active ingredient in Xeomin is similar to that of Botox –the botulinum toxin type A. What sets Xeomin apart from Botox is that the former contains no additives and is purely made of its active ingredient. Thus, it is commonly referred to as the naked injectable.
- As an injectable with no additives, the risk of allergic or hypersensitive reactions from Xeomin is lower than that of Botox. In addition, this also means that the body is less likely to become resistant to Xeomin because it has fewer ingredients. There are individuals that have developed resistance to both Botox and Dysport, making the injectables ineffective.
- In comparison to Botox and Dysport, Xeomin does not need refrigeration before use making distribution and storage easier.
- Visible results from Xeomin may be observed as early as 3 to 4 days after injection and could last for 3 to 4 months. Desired outcomes may be extended with repeated injections.
Would you like to learn more about Xeomin and how it can help you subtly reduce the appearance of wrinkles and creases? Talk to us and we’ll craft a personalized facial rejuvenation plan for you! Call us at 440.639.3223 or fill out this contact form to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!
Posted in: Xeomin