Avoid the following common mistakes:
- Wearing too much foundation: Your makeup should hide your blemishes, not your entire face. Wearing too much foundation can actually make you look older than you are because the excess powder settles into lines and wrinkles on your face and makes them more noticeable.
- Curling your eyelashes after applying mascara: Curling your eyelashes after you apply mascara may give you dramatic results, but the risks aren’t worth it. When you curl your lashes after applying mascara, your eyelashes stick to the curler. This can leave your eyelashes looking clumpy, or worse, mean that you accidentally rip your eyelashes off with the curler.
- Emphasizing more than one feature: Makeup should be fun, but if you are going for a bold red lip, you may want to downplay your eyes. You’ll usually get better results if you pick one feature to emphasize and keep the rest of your makeup toned down. This is particularly important for day makeup. You may be able to get away with a more dramatic, done-up look when you go out in the evening.
- Using too much hair conditioner: Hair conditioner can keep your hair healthy, soft, shiny, and smooth, but too much makes things worse. In most cases, you should start applying conditioner to the hair near your ears and work toward the ends. If you start at the crown, you could end up with residual conditioner that weights your hair down and makes it look flat and greasy.
- Choosing clothes based solely on current trends: Fashion trends are fun, but you should focus most of your wardrobe on clothing that suits your body and your lifestyle. While some people may look great in jumpsuits and crop tops, others will look better in classics like sheath dresses and slim fitting jeans. Dress in clothes that fit you well and make you feel confident. Don’t be afraid to try new things, but base most of your clothing choices on whether or not those clothes make you feel confident.
- Sitting or standing with poor posture: Something as simple as bad posture can make you look older, heavier, and more tired. Check your posture and make sure your back is straight, your chin is up, and your shoulders are relaxed.
To learn more about looking and feeling your best, schedule a consultation with Northcoast Laser Cosmetics.