- Posted on: May 22 2015
CoolSculpting is ideal for those who have successfully lost weight through diet and exercise but are left with stubborn, unwanted pockets of fat in certain areas of the body — from back rolls to love handles to muffin tops. In addition to choosing a reliable, highly experienced CoolSculpting provider, how you handle your recovery is also crucial to achieving desired outcomes.
Knowledge of what to expect can help you figure out ways to reduce discomfort, avoid complications, and shorten your CoolSculpting recovery period.
Immediately after CoolSculpting
The treated area will take on a whitish, blanched appearance because blood flow in the region is temporarily halted. Redness may also occur.
- You may feel a sense of nausea or dizziness immediately after CoolSculpting.
- It is also normal to feel numb or dull in the treated area. This will resolve itself a few hours to days following treatment.
- Stinging and cramping are also normal.
- You can immediately return to your daily routine after CoolSculpting.
A day to a week after CoolSculpting
- The temporary dulling of sensation may persist up to a week or two after CoolSculpting.
- The treated area may appear bloated or swollen around this time.
- Get in touch with your CoolSculpting provider or a licensed healthcare professional if tingling, numbness, or tenderness to the touch at the treated areas persists after a week of having the procedure.
Call us at 440.639.3223 to learn more about CoolSculpting today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: CoolSculpting