Treating Unsightly Leg Veins
Northcoast Laser Cosmetics offers laser leg vein treatment that can improve the appearance of your legs. This procedure uses laser energy to target unsightly veins including spider veins and broken capillaries.
During the procedure, laser energy is absorbed by the targeted vein. This causes the unwanted vein to collapse. The process uses heat to target the vein, but your skin will be protected by the cooling tip. Over the course of a few weeks, you’ll notice the veins gradually fading.
Most patients come in for a few treatments that are eight weeks apart to complete the process. Eventually the appearance of the veins is significantly reduced or completely eliminated. Everyone is unique, so your dermatologist can help you determine how many treatments you will need.
This process is very safe and relatively easy to handle. It is non-invasive, and the side effects are mild. You may experience a little bit of itching or swelling after the treatment, but it should subside quickly. In most cases, the treatment is over with quickly and patients can resume their daily activities.
Preventing The Development Of Unsightly Leg Veins
After having your legs treated, you should do your best to prevent unsightly veins from developing.
These tips will help:
- Avoid standing or sitting for hours at a time. Take breaks to stretch and walk around whenever you can.
- Maintain a healthy weight by eating a balanced diet and staying physically active.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing that limits your circulation.
- Avoid eating a lot of salty foods like potato chips, pretzels, and other snack foods. Swap out your salty snacks for carrots or apple slices instead.
- Improve your circulation by adding cardiovascular activities to your daily routine. Go for walks, run, hike, or swim.
- Avoid crossing your legs when you sit.
To learn more about improving the appearance of your legs, schedule a consultation at Northcoast Laser Cosmetics.