Thin lips. Lips without many contours. Lips that are asymmetrical. You don’t have to live with any of that junk. Come into Northcoast Laser Cosmetics and let’s give you the lips you want by augmenting them with dermal fillers.
As an aesthetic procedure, lip augmentation is nothing new. In the past, people have used collagen and fat injections. Some people even resorted to silicone implants in their lips. But increasingly it’s dermal fillers that are the augmentation method of choice. Compared with collagen and fat, dermal fillers are safer and provide longer-lasting results. At Northcoast, we prefer to use hyaluronic acid fillers for lip augmentation.
Hyaluronic acid for the lips
If you’re reading our blog here at Northcoast, you’ve no doubt heard of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for hydrating and “plumping” the skin. Hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to do this. That’s what makes these fillers perfect for the lips, as that hydration naturally plumps the lips.
At Northcoast, we use primarily Restylane Silk for plumping the lips. But there are two Juvederm products, Ultra XC and Volbella XC that are also very popular. Ultra XC adds more volume, while Volbella XC adds volume but in a subtler way. There are other hyaluronic acid filler options: Belotero Balance, HylaForm, Elevess, Prevelle Silk, and Captique.
Why is hyaluronic acid so good for lip augmentation?
Our hyaluronic acid fillers add shape, structure, and volume to the lips. These are the benefits of these fillers:
- Gradual increase So that the results don’t overwhelm, patients often opt to have very gradual increases made over a series of appointments, rather than a large increase in a single visit.
- Control over volume The amount of filler being injected can be precisely controlled to manage the increased volume.
- Bumps dissolve Because hyaluronic acid can be dissipated with an injection of an enzyme, bumps, and lumps can be easily removed.
- Half-year results Most hyaluronic acid filler results last for around six months.
- Less swelling and bruising These fillers are more gentle.
- Unlikely allergic reactions Because hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the human body, these fillers very rarely cause any allergic reaction.
You don’t have to live with thin, invisible lips any longer. Call the team at Northcoast Laser Cosmetics, 440-NEW-FACE, and let’s talk about augmenting your kisser.